I am currently working as an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Indian Institute of Management Jammu.
I have about 12 years of industry, teaching, training, and research experience in operations, analytics, and marketing.
My area of expertise includes: IBM SPSS, IBM SPSS Modeler, R programming, SAS Enterprise miner.
Education Background: B. Tech in Chemical Technology, Institute of Chemical Technology (Formerly, UDCT), Mumbai and PhD (Fellow) from Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) in Marketing.
Research Interests: Franchising, distribution channels, customer analytics, Strategic Marketing, CRM, digital marketing, Marketing analytics
Teaching Interests: Marketing Management, CRM, Marketing Analytics, Strategic Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Distribution Management, Digital Marketing
Scholarships/Honours & Awards
- Research paper adjudged as top 3 papers of the 6th IIMA (India), conference on Marketing in emerging economies (2014)
- Received paper best paper award at 49th Academy of Marketing Conference (2016) held at Newcastle Business School, UK
Distribution & Retailing
- Shaikh, A., Sharma, D., Vijayalakshmi, A., & Yadav, R. S. (2018). Fairness in franchisor–franchisee relationship: an integrative perspective. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 33(4), 550-562. (‘ABDC’ A ranked, ABS rank 2, Emerald Journal).
- Gandhi, A. V., Shaikh, A., & Sheorey, P. A. (2017). Impact of supply chain management practices on firm performance: Empirical evidence from a developing country. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 45(4), 366-384. doi: 10.1108/ijrdm-06-2015-0076. (‘ABDC’ A ranked Emerald Journal).
- Shaikh, A., Biswas, S. N., Yadav, V., & Mishra, D. (2017). Measuring fairness in franchisor-franchisee relationship: a confirmatory approach. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 45(2), 158-176. (‘ABDC’ A ranked Emerald Journal).
- Shaikh, A. (2016). Conceptualizing fairness in franchisor–franchisee relationship: Dimensions, definitions and preliminary construction of scale. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 28, 28-35 (‘ABDC’ A ranked Elsevier Journal).
- Shaikh, A., & Gandhi, A. (2016). Small retailer’s new product acceptance in emerging market: a grounded theory approach. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 28(3), 547-564 (‘ABDC’ A Emerald ranked Journal).
- Shaikh, A., Modi, P., Yadav, V., and Kumar P. (2018). A Paradigmatic and Methodological Examination of Market Orientation Research. The Marketing Review. (ABS rank 1, ABDC C ranked)
- Mukerjee, K. and A. Shaikh (2019). Impact of customer orientation on word-of-mouth and cross-buying. Marketing Intelligence & Planning 37(1), 97-110. (‘ABDC’ A ranked, Emerald Journal).
- Ali, J., Shabir, S., & Shaikh, A. (2021). Exploring antecedents of entrepreneurial intentions among females in an emerging economy. International Journal of Social Economics.
- Banerjee, S., & Shaikh, A. (2022). Impact of brand nostalgia on intention to purchase brand extensions: Moderating role of brand attachment. Journal of product & Brand Management (Accepted, ABDC A)
- Banerjee, S., & Shaikh, A. (2020). Examining the Impact of Contextual Factors in Brand Relationship Initiation and Maintenance: Evidence from Bottom of Pyramid Markets. Review of Marketing Science, 18(1), 75-97. (ABS rank 1, ABDC C ranked)
- Priya, R., Gandhi, A. V., & Shaikh, A. (2018). Mobile banking adoption in an emerging economy: An empirical analysis of young Indian consumers. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 25(2), 743-762. (‘ABDC’ B ranked Emerald Journal).
- Shaikh, A., Mukerjee, K., & Banerjee, S. Cab-sharing services and transformation expectations of consumers: The moderating role of materialism” Benchmarking: an International Journal (Accepted, ABDC – B)
Teaching case study
- Shaikh, A. and Dey, K. (2016) “Patronage distribution and governance in VAPCOL: Girish Sohani’s dilemma” Sage Business cases DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781473972797.
- Shaikh, Ateeque (2016), “Measuring fairness in franchisor-franchisee relationship: A confirmatory approach”, 49th Academy of Marketing Conference, Newcastle Business School, UK, 4-7 July 2016.
- Shaikh, Ateeque (2016), “Role of perceived fairness in managing opportunism in franchisor-franchisee relationship: A franchisee perspective from emerging market”, 49th Academy of Marketing Conference, Newcastle Business School, UK, 4-7 July 2016 (Best Paper in the track).
- Dey, K. Shaikh, A. and Singh, B, (2016) “Viability and Sustainability of Farmer Organizations in India: A Tale of Three Producer Companies”, International Conference on Agribusiness in Emerging Economies, January 6-7, 2016 at Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA), Anand in collaboration with The Whitman School of Management &The South Asia Center at Syracuse University, USA.
- Shaikh, Ateeque (2015), “Conceptual framework of small retailers new product acceptance in emerging market”, paper presented at 6th IIMA Conference on Marketing in Emerging Economies, IIM Ahmedabad, India, 1-7 January 2015 (This paper was adjudged as one of the top 3 papers of the conference).
- Shaikh, Ateeque (2014), “Small retailers new product acceptance in emerging market: A grounded theory approach”, paper presented at ANZMAC conference, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia, 1-3 December 2014.
- Shaikh, Ateeque, Modi, Pratik and Yadav, Vanita (2014), “A paradigmatic and methodological examination of market orientation research”, paper presented at the 47th Academy of Marketing Conference, University of Bournemouth, UK, 8-10 July 2014. (Paper was presented by 2nd author Pratik Modi – Nominee for best paper )
- Shaikh, Ateeque (2013), “Determinants of Rural Retailers new product acceptance”, paper presented at 6th IIMA Doctoral Colloquium, IIM Ahmedabad, India, 7-8 January 2013.
- Shaikh, Ateeque (2012), “Paradigmatic and methodological examination of research on market orientation”, paper presented at 2nd International Marketing conference MARCON, IIM Calcutta, Kolkata, India, 28-30 December 2012.
Our goal is to help the leaders of tomorrow learn to succeed today. We take great pride in providing quality training services on Marketing Strategy, Data Analytics, Machine learning, Data Science, Digital Marketing and customer relationship management. We’re absolutely here for you.
We are a team of highly dedicated professionals offering training courses related to data science and machine learning on multiple tools and technologies like R, python, SAS, IBM, tableau and Qlikview. The training programs will help participants learn latest data science techniques who wish to understand how data science is impact business to drive profits. We are also into to provide solutions related to data science, data analysis, machine learning and predictive modeling. We provide consulting related to data preparation, model building and implementation strategies for organizations. Have questions? Come meet us!